Monday, May 11, 2009

That Dog Stole My Underwear!

The above is one of the many shouts to be heard in this house over the last couple of months as we have a new addition to the household; Dharma.

Dharma is a Dorkie ( a Yorkie, Dachshund mix) I found on this website at the first of the year. I had to have them hold her for me until I had the money; which they were nice to do with a small deposit. They had already named her, I would not have chosen her name but it's OK. I would have named her Gobo or Wembley which don't mean much to anyone who is not a fan of Fraggle Rock . She really does resemble a Fraggle which my daughter was the first to notice by sayi8ng she looked like a Jim Henson character. It wasn't until I took her to get shots and the vet called her Fraggle that we made the connection to the show we used to watch when she and her brother were toddlers.


She is now 5 months old and at last weigh in about 3 weeks ago she was 5.5 lbs. A real porker eh? She is not at all spoiled or anything ;)
Maria is great with her, very gentle and patient. Of course Betty doesn't like her but we were planning on giving up Betty anyway, we just haven't found her a home yet. Betty has done better with her than expected though. So far she has not even come close to hurting her, only growled at her for getting to close. I make sure and praise her well for this.
I have tons of pics and will be posting them as well as video. It has been interesting around here for sure. She steals anything she can get her teeth on, even things bigger than she is! When she as just 3 and half months old and all of 3 pounds,I had my vacuum cleaner taken apart and she took the dirt catcher and took off with it. She steals socks, shoes, trash, pens, pill bottles, books, toilet brushes (yuck) and more. If something hits the floor it's a race to get it picked up before she comes and grabs it.
More later. Have great week!



>

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually