Tuesday, October 11, 2011

National What Day?

Ok I just saw something on Twitter that made me very sad. Today is National Coming Out Day No it is not for debutantes. Wow a day set aside for people to feel free to admit to being homosexual, gay, lesbian, or whatever one is supposed to call it. Really? Do we need such a thing? Do we as a nation really need such a day? Do we have a National Adulterers day? Do we have National Gossipers day? Do we set aside a day for slanderers, idolaters, or murderers? Oh how about National Child Molesters Day?
DO NOT misunderstand me I am NOT promoting hate, again I am NOT PROMOTING HATE! I love, choose to love all people. I am not in a position to judge anyone. I am a sinner, I am not better than anyone; I am the lowest of the low. But I tremble in fear for a Nation who sets aside such a day in a time when we are on the brink of disaster at every turn and need the ear of God to heal or nation and our world. I shudder to think what our Founding Fathers would say about about how twisted powerless their words and ideals have become.
The Bible is clear on what happens to a nation that refuses to turn from her sin; will we ever begin to listen?

Another thought; what if your local church were to start a National or Annual Coming To Christ Day? What would that look like in your towns and neighborhoods? How would it be reported in the media? Food for thought, munch munch.

1 comment:

  1. Hey - would love to read a Thanksgiving post from you. Food for thought . . . munch, munch. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually