Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Not Dead Yet

Sorry for the delay in updating. I have been mulling over some things, stressing over some things and of late not feeling well. I seem to be reacting to something in the air these days and have a sore throat, coughing, and congestion. But so far no fever. I am a bit concerned about the color of what I am coughing up; but not to the point of asking total strangers about it ( Big Bang Theory reference. If you have never seen the show you should check it out sometime; way funny even if the theme song is wrong). All this by way of an excuse for staying away. But really it is more than that I just am not ready to talk about that here, at least not right now.

I was blessed beyond descripton this weekend at our church's Women''s Retreat. The guest speaker was a woman whose family were former members. God moved them away and I have really missed them. She is so real and so in love with Jesus it is contagious, and she is even more so now than the last time I saw her. She taught on prayer as the purpose of our daily lives, and it was challenging and comforting, and just plain WOW. I will write more later about it.

Today, I was blessed by reading this . Mostly because it fits my life so well right now. It never ceases to amaze me how God can use a dally reading plan set years ago, to speak to me in whatever circumstance I am in. No matter how my life may change, He never does and His Word is always relevant.

Blessed be the Name of the Lord. For now and ever more AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually