Thursday, September 11, 2008

We Should Never Forget

Today is a very sad anniversary. You should know it is the 7th anniversary of the worst act of terror on US soil. Including the 19 hijackers, 2,993 people died in the attacks. Another 24 are missing and presumed dead; bringing the probable total to 3017. Dead in a matter of minutes if not seconds, for no other reason than they showed up to work or do business.
My heart is heavy with the fear, turmoil, sorrow and anger that this day brought and is still bringing to our Nation. I hope I never become indifferent to the great loss that came with this day, and pray for softened hearts for those who may have done so.
I am praying for the families of these victims of terror, for our Nations leaders and our Soldiers. Won't you please do the same; whether you support the war or the President is not of import. What is important is that there are people who are still deep in grief, those are deeply angered and frustrated, those who are willing to sacrifice their very lives to insure our safety and those who struggling to make good decisions in a season of great turmoil.

1 comment:

  1. Every day you go without updating your blog a puppy dies. So far, you are responsible for the death of six puppies. Are we going for seven?

    ReplyDelete

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually