Monday, September 22, 2008

Thought I Was Done With All This!

I have asthma; which for the last 6-8 months has been well controlled. I was able to stop taking Adavir, and put away the horrible noisy, hard to remember all the doses, nebulizer. I relegated it to the top of my closet in hopes of never laying eyes on it again. Well that was a silly thing to hope for but hope I did. This morning my hopes were dashed, shattered like so much fragile china, demolished and ground under heavy feet. I have been coughing and stuffy headed for over a week truth be told over 2 weeks I posted about it so I can't squirm out from under that one, But my mucus was clear so I figured no infection, so I didn't go to MD. Well Sunday it turned; boy did it turn. I, excuse the indelicacy of my words; hocked up the ugliest gunk I have seen in a months maybe a year or more. So, I called my MD and was told to come on in. When the MD saw me and listened to my lungs, out came the prescription pad. He started talking about all the medicine he was going to give me for my lungs so I said, oh, are my sinuses OK then? The only was I can describe his tone is to say I could have just as easily asked if the world is flat. He then asked me how long this had been going on again and when I told him at least a week, he scowled. When I tried to explain my reasoning, he rolled his eyes. Well! Excuse me for trying to save my insurance some money and not take up the time of already over worked health care professionals; oh who am I kidding. I know I should have gone as soon I started coughing. I would say I will do better next time but I think I have lied enough for one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually