Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Love is...

This has been the title of our sermon in church for the last month. We are in I Corinthians, chapter 13 of course. I don't think I will ever look at the love chapter the same again. I have always seen it like a pretty song and though it is that it has become much more. Every Sunday I have sat in my seat and been pummeled by God's Word and this last Sunday was a knock out match. It literally brought me to my knees; those who know me know this is not something that happens if I have any choice I do not get on my knees because it is like kneeling on glass shards. Yet there I was, pouring out repentance and begging for God to fill me with this love that I have realized I do not have. I am nothing, I am like clashing cymbals. What I call love is not even worthy to be called a shadow the real thing.
Please pray for me as I learn afresh what love is and that it will pour forth from my life , at least a fraction of the measure of the grace God pours out me minute by minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually