Friday, November 21, 2008

How will they know

This thought has been rattling around in my head today; of those who know or think I am a Christian, how do they know? Do they know because I told them? Do they believe I am because they see me headed out the door with a Bible on Sunday morning?Does anyone know I am Christian because of my actions? Do the Scripture magnet on my car and the Christian radio station sticker match up with my attitude when I am driving and when I get of out the car? I am sad to say; I don't think so. I don't know a lot of people. I don't get out a lot but I have neighbors. Do I make any effort to get to know them, let them know I care? What do they hear coming from my home? Do they hear blessings to others and praises to my God? How often do they hear me raise my voice in anger and frustration?
Oh Lord, my God I hang my head in disgrace at the way I my life speaks of Your grace. Create in me, my God a clean and open heart that shines forth Your love, and renew Your Spirit of compassion within me. Fill me with Your love, that my life and mouth may speak only of Your truth and grace.

2 comments:

  1. I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    Alena

    www.sunscreenstips.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank for the encouragement Alena

    ReplyDelete

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually