Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
I pray your day is filled with family and friends, and that your hearts are filled with awe and wonder for all you have to be thankful for.

I have so very much to be thankful for this year.
Our church has a Thanksgiving eve service which is informal and allows us to worship in music then just express our thanks as each is moved and desires to. This year was, as years passed past a blessing. It was different in that I did not say anything. It is not that I am not thankful, and I have been puzzling over why it is that I kept quiet. I think it is because God is teaching me that I am not a grateful person and it would have inappropriate for me to say something right now in light of all that is going on in my heart and spirit right now. I am not sure if that makes sense or not; I am thankful but I am not humble in my thankfulness and I pray that by next year at this time God will have molded me into someone like many of those who spoke, or were spoken of, this evening.
That said I have much to be thankful for and here goes the list ( not in any particular order):
First and foremost I thank God for His relationship with me; for what He sacrificed in order for that to be possible and the enormous help, comfort, provision and more He is to me. Thank You Jesus, for Your love. Next, for my children, I am so very blessed to have two adult children that I get to see on a daily or almost daily basis. I see so many folks with kids so far away, and though I know I may have a season like that someday I do so thank God for now, this time with me precious children. They really seem to genuinely appreciate dear ole mom, and my daughter even lets me live with her! Words cannot express how blessed I feel about my children. They are so much more than I ever could have imagined they would be, I am so very proud to have been allowed to be their mother.
Additionally, I am so thankful for my adoption, not only by God as mentioned, but by my mom. Not many people get two moms, and thought she is not a replacement for my mother, Della has been the best mom anyone could hope for and then some. She embodies love, she would lay down her life for her children, and she makes no distinciton in her mind or her heart that I am one of hers.
I am thankful for a church that teaches the Bible, unapologetically and humbling proclaiming the Truth.
I am thankful for my dogs, who give me companionship, entertainment, and purpose and expect so little in return, for a more that adequate home filled with not only necessities but many, many luxuries, one of which is being used to make this entry. I am thankful for heat in the cold and air conditioning in the heat, my doctor putting me on the road to a healthy life and the means to make it happen. I'm thankful for a big back yard for my dogs and the ability to take care of it fairly well. I am thankful I don't have use a nebulizer every day anymore, and for medication that enables me to function. I am thankful for BSF and Beth Moore Bible studies, for my Daily Bible and the ability God has given me to be faithful to it. I am thankful for the car God gave us. I am thankful for successful surgeries and the grace to deal with what was not successful. I am grateful for my friends, for books, for music. I am thankful for my life, my country, my state my neighborhood. I am thankful for all this and so much more. God is SO good to me! May I not spend one more minute thinking of what I do not have; for I have all I need and SO MUCH MORE!
Praise God from Whom all blessing flows!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually