Friday, April 10, 2009

What's Good About A Tortuous Death?

It is Good Friday. When I was not a Believer, I thought people were crazy for calling this day Good Friday. "How could they call a day marking the murder of an innocent man good?" What I did not understand, because my eyes were closed to the things of the Spirit, was that is was not only good, but necessary. Only in God's economy could such a horrible day, become celebrated as good. This is the hallmark of a God's character; He is paradoxical. Do you want to be rich? Give all you have away, do you want to to strong? Then you must become weak. Do you want to be ruler of kingdoms, bow down and serve others. Do you want to live forever? Then you must die; to your sin, your selfishness. Do you want the world to have hope? Then You must die for them.
Thank You God, for not making sense.

Enjoy this Good Friday folks, and rejoice that it didn't end on that cross!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks again for reminding us about this special day! The weather seems so fitting for this Good Friday!

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually