Friday, February 6, 2009

Darkness

It swirls around me
And I can't see
The path I'm on
Much less where I should be

It seeps into
Every thought and deed
It chokes out the hardiest
Most viral seed

And just when the blackness
Seems at it's peak
It deepens and thickens
All hope to cease

Now it's not just around me
But in me as well
Can there be anything worse
Save being in hell?

My spirit is crushed
My ambition long lost
Once I dared hope
And look at the cost!

Through this darkness I travel
Bruised, battered and worn
No light on the horizon
No sunlight to mourn

I know God is with me
But silent He remains
As the tears echo softly
Like a lullabies' refrain.

I know I'll not perish
From this journey I take
But it is what I I wish for
For everyone's sake.

CarolAnn Cardwell Feb 6, 2009


My daughter was fired from her job today. The hits just keep on coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually