Sunday, February 8, 2009

Pinpricks Enlarging


Well I managed to drag myself to church (late) today for the first time in 3 weeks. I didn't make it to the other services but came in just before the Pastoral Prayer so I got to hear the special music and participate in Worship. The music was nice, though the Praise Band on today performs more than lead, but it was much better than not going at all.
I have been telling people who ask how I have been, more than in passing , the truth; that I am depressed and not doing well. I don't know why, but I have a hard time admitting my struggles to most people,especially emotional ones. But I am figuring out, duh, that if no one knows, no one can pray, which is what is going to help more than anything.
I managed to pop my knee out while working in AWANA this evening so now I dealing with that pain and swelling and aggravation. Add that to my back and legs screaming at me for all the shoveling I did after the storm here and trying to catch up on laundry; why am I always behind?
And yet today overall I have to say, has been a better day, a brighter day as I am allowing God's Love to penetrate my cold and lonely heart.
Once again, thank you for your prayers and encouragement.

1 comment:

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually