Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Amazing cure

for writer's block! I wish; cause that is why I have been absent for awhile. I just can't seem to get anything to flow from these fingertips!

I am still healing well; I can now lift a gallon of milk with my right hand and it doesn't hurt any more on than it does to lift it with my left. I am so looking forward to having the left one done!

I am still managing the new diet well. It has been three weeks since I got the news that I am hypoglycemic (pre-diabetic) and in a couple of days it will have been as long that I have been on the diet. I am still feeling better, though I had a bout with a virus a week or so ago and felt pretty yucky a couple of days.

My biggest struggle right now is trying not to do too much. I need to have little notes stuck all over the house that say you can really only do half of what you think you can. This was a rule I learned in Fibromyalgia Self help course several years ago. Although maybe learned is a misstatement, more like was told and wrote down.
Guess I'll make that it for now. Back soon, I hope.

2 comments:

  1. Proud of you sticking to this diet, glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually