Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Following Hard After God

OK Here it is; the only change I have made is to pronouns etc. where Tozer uses King James English. I changed to modern, all else it unchanged and in it's entirety.


The Pursuit of God by AW Tozer, Chapter One Prayer

Scripture Reference; Psalm 63:8

O God, I have tasted Your goodness and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God,the Triune God, I want to want You; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Your glory, I pray You, so that I may know You indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up my love, my fair one and come away" Then give me grace to rise and follow You up from this misty lowland where I have wandered so long.
In Jesus' name
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually