Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Speaking Voice

The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer
Chapter 6
Scripture Reference John 1:1

Lord, teach me to listen. The times are noisy and my ears are weary with the thousand raucous sounds which continuously assault them. Give me the spirit of the boy Samuel when he said to You, "Speak, for your servant hears." Let me hear You speaking in my heart. Let me get used to the sound of Your voice, that it's tones may be familiar when the sounds of earth die away and the only sound will be the music of Your speaking voice.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually