Friday, June 20, 2008

The Whole Time

I have this little book on my shelf with the "gonna read someday" books because a few people have mentioned it something good to read. The book isThe Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer and I finally started reading when my daughter needed it to study in her prayer group I must say that those people who said it was good to read were wrong; rather this book should be on the "imperative you read" list for every Christian.

If you have never read it don't delay, find a copy immediately and do start reading. It won't take long it is only 118 page of fairly large print.

Mr. Tozer places a prayer at the end of each chapter and over the coming days I will post one a day. They are deeply rooted in a passion to know God and I have been moved to the core of my being by them. A.W. Tozer puts my thoughts and feelings about what being a Christian means to me in such eloquent terms I am amazed. This man could not know me, for I was not even born when he wrote this book. Yet it is as though he plucked the words right out of my heart.

1 comment:

  1. So don't forget to read all those other to-read-eventually books; there's no law that says they aren't just as good...and who knows how much gas you'd save doing that instead of going through the library parking lot...

    ReplyDelete

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually