Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Blessedness of Possessing Nothing

Chapter Two; The Pursuit of God by AW Tozer


Scripture Reference,; Matthew 5:3

Father, I want to know You, but my cowardly heart fears to give up it's toys. I cannot part with them without inward bleeding, and I do not try to hide from You the terror of the parting. I come trembling, but I do come. Please root from my heart all those things which I have cherished so long and which have become a very part of my living self, so that You may enter and dwell there without a rival. Then will You make the place of Your feet glorious. Then will my heart have no need of the sun to shine in it it, for You Yourself will be the light of it, and there will be no night there.
In Jesus' name,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually