Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Overdoing

I am sorry for my absence the last few days. I have been in quite a bit of pain from pushing myself too far.
I gave my dogs a much needed bath and in doing so I made my back quite angry with me. It is slowly getting better; and hopefully I will remember this and will behave myself from now on! I am so bad at gaging my limitations it would be funny if it didn't cause me so much pain. So pray for me please that I will get, rent or otherwise have wisdom in my ability to gage my limitations.

I will be having my left carpal tunnel surgery this afternoon. I report to the surgery center at noon and will be the first one today; the MD had meetings all morning. I will be glad to have it done and be able to get on the with other things. I do believe I may need to have my neck done next as I am still having some issues with it; especially driving. We will see what happens after this surgery. Onward and upward!

I went to my family MD yesterday and he is quite pleased with my weight loss to date; at 9 weeks I have lost 28 pounds. A drop in the bucket compared to what I need to lose but great progress for sure. Overall I am still feeling better, recent back pain notwithstanding. The reason that happened is because I have so much more energy and not a brain in my head to go with it!
Thanks for the support and prayers; and thank God for His faithfulness in this and all things.

2 comments:

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually