Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Stumbling and Bumbling


Image by Kurt Halsey
Today I get my stitches out. By this time after the first surgery I was feeling so good about it, but not this time. I will be glad to have them out, but I am not glad about the slow progress I am making. I still have quite a bit of pain. Not severe like most of my pain, as long as I don't do stuff like try to close the car door with it and dumb stuff like that. What concerns me is that along with the pain, there is still some numbness and and use causes pain to radiate up my arm. This did not happen with the first surgery. I had minimal pain by the time my stitches came out and could use my hand quite a bit by then. I am also struggling more with energy than before. I just don't feel rested when I wake up since the surgery.I don't know if I am experiencing a Fibromyalgia flare or what the deal is.
I am so frustrated and depressed and I feel like a big liar when people ask how I am doing and I say OK but I know most people don't want the dramatic response of the truth of what I am going through. I don't mean that I think they don't care, just that it isn't the right situation for detail. I usually get asked when I am at church and feel crowded and pressed for time. I thought about asking the church office to send out prayer request but haven't because I think people would think I am a liar. Phew.
Pity part over;time to get on with my day. Thanks for letting me vent on you internet.

1 comment:

  1. I hope the stitches came out okay... or rather, that you came out okay from having your stitches taken out. ;-)

    Thanks for updating, love the picture. Remember Franklin?

    I love you (even more than the picture, if you can imagine). Can't wait to get home and give you a big hug. =)

    ReplyDelete

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually