Thursday, July 24, 2008

Looking up


Psalm 17:15
As for me, I will see Your face in righteousness. I shall be satisfied when I awake in Your likeness.

These words have been ministering to my spirit over the last few days and even more so today. If you read the whole chapter you will see he is praying about vindication from his enemies and this is the end of his prayer. If David, before Christ's birth, could be confident of his salvation; how much more so can I be! David didn't have anything but the Law to reveal God to him, yet he knew God was merciful. When David doubted God he was quite vocal about it but he always came back to the knowledge of God's faithfulness.
Once again, God's Word speaks to me where I am at, even though I am following a reading plan, it is not greater than God's plan.
Thank You Lord God, for Your faithfulness to me, even when I am railing about my circumstances. Thank You God that I can be confident in Your salvation, that though I may long for wholeness, obliteration of my enemy (pain) I can be confident that I will be satisfied when I awake in Your likeness. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually