Thursday, July 24, 2008

Slipping Odd Peaches

We have an orchard here locally that has wonderful peaches. I almost always forget to get out and get some before it is too late or I don't have the money to get any. I heard on the news that the peach crop was early and plentiful this year and decided since I am on this new diet I must get me some. So I went out and there on Tuesday and the lady running the stand talked me into trying white nectarines; delicious! So I got a box of them, a box of peaches and a box mixed with all three. The majority of them ready to eat. Now I had a problem, I was still operating one handed for the most part and needed to get them ready to freeze.
I stopped by my mom's house because she lives near the orchard, and asked her it she had some time to come and help me. She agreed once she realized what a hard time I was having with my hand. So she came over and manned the slipping of the peaches and nectarines and I cut them up. It took us over two hours, all of which we were on our feet. We ended up with 20 bags of peaches and nectarines; each holding about 2 cups. When Mom got done with her job, she came to help me cut up. She also did the dishes after. I don't know how she did it because I was in agony by the time we were done with fruit! My back is still hurting. It really frustrates me that 64 (and older) women can run circles around me, but I digress. Mom held back some of the bounty to take home with her and of those there were these in the videos she just had to keep for the sheer oddness of them. I don't know what to call the one but the other is easy as you will hear in the video.
Anyway, thanks Mom!

object width="425" height="344">

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually