Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Sacrament of Living

The Pursuit of God by A.W.Tozer C
Chapter 10 Prayer
Scripture reference I Corinthians 10:31

Lord, I would trust You completely; I would be altogether Yours; I would exalt You above all. I desire that I may feel no sense of possessing anything outside of You. I want constantly to be aware of Your overshadowing presence and to hear Your speaking voice. I long to live in restful sincerity of heart. I want to live so fully in the Spirit that all my thoughts may be as sweet incense ascending to You and every act of my life may be an act of worship. Therefore I pray in the words of Your great servant of old, " I beseech You so, for to cleanse the intent of my heart with the unspeakable gift of Your grace, that I may perfectly love You and worthily praise You". And all this I confidently believe You will grant me through the merits of Jesus Christ Your Son.
Amen

I hope you have enjoyed these snippets from this book and that will move you to read or reread this powerful book; so that you may ever deepen your own pursuit of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually