Monday, August 4, 2008

Addiction hurts

I post today with a heavy heart. I just found out that my sister, who got out of jail on the day before I had my second carpal tunnel surgery, is using drugs again.
We had hoped and prayed that she would stay away from them; but alas, she has chosen to feed her addiction rather than fight it. I know it is hard, but I know her and I know she is strong and if she really wanted to beat this thing, she could do it. She is one of the strongest people I know, and it makes so angry that she is doing this to herself and to Mom and to her daughter. She has been put in jail three times now, once for fraud and twice for drugs.
I don't mean to be unsympathetic, I do know how hard it is, I watched one of my brothers go through the same thing, with alcohol and drugs, and now he is dead, died before he was 50 of cirrhosis. I know it is hard but I also know sympathy enables. I am so sad for her, for Mom, and B. Mostly Mom because I have seen her disappointed so many times and see how hard her heart is getting because of it. She prays and prays and feels God doesn't listen.
Oh Lord, God, I know Mom is wrong, I know You listen, I know You care. Please drew near to Mom right now and lift her up. Surround her with Your peace oh God, with your comfort and rest. Open her eyes to see Your faithfulness to her, that she will lift praised to Your Name and Worship You for Who You are.
Lord, please keep Your hand on Lillie, bring to her life what she needs in order to break the chains of addiction that bind her so tightly. Whatever it takes Lord, I beg of You, let it be so that she will soon be free and in that freedom renew her relationship with You, to a new and deeper one than she has ever known.
Bring healing Lord, to this family, I pray in Christ's precious Name, AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually