Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Some things stay the same

I went back to my neurologist today and it was less than encouraging. I told him I was still experiencing quite a bit of pain and numbness in the left hand and arm and an odd tightness around my wrist. First of all he said the damage to the carpal tunnel was probably so severe before surgery that it just can't be fixed. Then of the tightness he said my obesity makes it likely that I would experience tightness because it causes more pulling of the tissues. Of course, my warped mind heard well it's no wonder you feel tightness the wonder is you don't feel on both sides since you're so fat!
Sigh, I know that is not what he said, I keep telling myself this over and over again.
He gave me a prescription for physical therapy saying it may help, and said to come back to him when I am done with it.
The good news here is I didn't come home and cry my eyes out and wallow in misery the rest of the day. Praise God; He has brought me at least that far!
I go to my family MD tomorrow so perhaps that will be more encouraging since he will be happy about my weight.

Oh yes, by the way, I forgot in my last post to thank someone for the nudge; thanks and sorry it took longer than I said it would!

1 comment:

  1. mom, write about the spider. post a video. write a poem. sing a song, sing outloud, sing along...

    Most of all, remember God and I love you! (Though God loves you more than me, but that's hard to imagine even though I know it's true.)

    ReplyDelete

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually