Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Got me thinking

I read a blog post yesterday that got me to thinking.
I do have several difficult people in my life and I either tend to vent about them or hide. One of the difficult people in my life is a brother who abused me as a child and now seeks reconciliation. This is one I am really hiding from. I pray about it some, then tuck it away in closet until later, which turns into months later. Then something reminds me and I pray about it a little and on and on.
I want to forgive, know I am supposed to forgive as Christ forgave me, but whew, I don't know what that looks like. I know this isn't exactly the type of person Beth Moore was talking about but still it applies, and I am convicted again to pray and NOT put it in the closet but keep praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually