Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Dumps Would Be A Step Up

Having a bummer of a day. No reason; just one of those days that nothing is turning out the way I expected. I was going to take my son to a doctor appointment but it was cancelled, so my motivation for leaving the house, which was hanging by a thread anyway, just went totally away. Then I find out that something I was really looking forward to is not going to happen. No big deal, really but I get my hopes up about little things and then when they don't happen get disappointed like it was a big thing. I don't hope for big things, to my mind ( warped by deep depression mind you) hope is not something for me. I learned early in life that to hope was to hurt, yet I still can't stop hoping altogether I guess it is true that one needs hope to live. So I pin hope on silly things and then when they don't work out I am crushed.

Thanks for letting me dump on you bloggy folks,

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually