Thursday, August 21, 2008

Arachnophobes Beware

It was suggested I post about the spider we found on our porch last night. I decided to include both of the recent spider finds on our porch. The greenish one has us stumped. Does anyone out there know what in the world this thing is? It seems to have molted out of the thing at the top of it; very odd. I did some research and found something that sounds like it but the pictures don't match up. I hope it is not what I found because that was highly venomous and a bit aggressive. It seemed to us it was on the verge of dying but maybe it was fooling; who knows?
The real big oval one we found is a very docile and non venomous spider but has since died. We have not seen evidence of any of it's offspring though. We were hoping to have it around to catch pests.




So what do you think, are spiders bad, scary, gross, fascinating, terrifying ? I happen to think they are pretty amazing as long as they aren't' crawling on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually