Saturday, August 2, 2008

Perspective

First of all let me apologize for being silent so long. I have just not been feeling very inspired lately. However, that is no excuse, I have this blog to make myself write, so I need to just do it!
I ask a favor of those you who actually check this regularly (bless you!); would you please if you don't see a post for a couple of days running just send a comment saying, "bump" or similar? Maybe that will get me off my behind.

Now to the post title, I found this poem this morning, that I had written over 2 years ago. It made me realize, that in spite of how little progress I think I have made, I have come far enough that I don't feel every day as I did in this poem. In fact I don't feel like that even every week and sometimes not for months. Thank You Lord, for bringing me this far!

Winner Takes All

Darkness swirling
Swirling around,
Ever threatening
To pull me down

Memories hovering on
The edge of my brain,
Elusive shadows I
Cannot contain

Dreams filled with anger
Shouting and distress
Awake filled with dread
Anxious and depressed

Ever fighting
An endless tide
Of pain and frustration
Yet it's fight or die

Endlessly praying
My heart would mend
Wanting so much
The bitterness to end

Trying to focus
On what is good
Because I know
That I should

Desiring each moment
To be free of this pain
Needing so much
A foothold to gain

Climbing, climbing
Ever so slow
I cannot look up
At far I must go

Hanging on with
All of my might
That the winds of change
Won't make me take flight.

Knowing, knowing
That if I fall
The darkness wins
And winner takes all.
CAC 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually