Thursday, May 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Sweetpea


My baby is 23 years old today!
Guess what her favorite color is?
Sigh; it doesn't seem possible that the long, lithe little girl I brought home the hospital just a few years ago could possibly be a grown woman.
I marvel at what God has done in our lives through this wonderful person and not a day goes by I am not grateful to God for giving her to me.
She did not have an easy childhood; knows well the adage that the squeaky wheel gets the grease;.having the brother she had. Knows well what is unsaid in that adage that the the others wheels are usually down right neglected. But rather than have a heart filled with bitterness she is filled with deep respect and love for all people.
This poem is for her; with all my love...Happy Birthday Sweetpea!
I love you more
Than words can show
The depths of my love
You will never know
I never imagined
A love so sweet
That having a daughter
My heart would greet
Could I have foreseen
What a gem you would be
So sweet and true
I would have treasured thee.
Had I known the sunshine
You would bring to life
I never would have met you
With one moment of strife
But now you have grown
With beauty and grace
And I am amazed that
You in my life God placed.
I love you more
With each passing day
And for the best for you
Each day I pray.
CAC April 13,2008
Posted by A Sinful Woman at 11:15 AM
Labels: ,

1 comments:
Gayle said...
Awwwww! I missed this post! Happy Belated Birthday to your sweet Danielle! Great pic of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually