Thursday, May 8, 2008

You Should See the Bruises!

NEWS BLUES
Sitting and watching
the Morning News
Talking ’bout people’s pain
Is just part of what they do

Observation is a competive
Sport; points for screming
Even more points for
Tears of hurt

Sitting and watching
The News At Noon
Someone abused a child
More details coming soon


We all know good things must happen
But that’s not what we hear
They clammor for debacle
Murder threats and fear

Sitting and watching
News at five and sixY
et they tell me nothing new
Just rehash the same old bits

You know somthing had to happen
In the world out there
Do they think that their
Watchers just don’t care?

Sitting and watching
Local News at a 10
Can’t believe it takes half an hour
To tell it all again.

So why do they call it News
If what they say is always the same?
Do they think that people lives
Are just a ratings game? CAC April 12,2008

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually