Saturday, May 31, 2008

Prayer; Jude


Dear God,
Today is a very sad day.You know that some members of my church lost their precious baby boy today. Little Jude is with You now; after a 10 day battle to survive being born over 3 months early. Lord it is SO hard to understand things like this. So many of us were praying so hard and there were so many times he seemed to improve and then something else would come up. It has been a tumultuous 10 days for him and his family and our whole Church Body. Why Lord? Why not just take him right away? Why did he have to fight so hard? Why did You allow his parents think there was a chance he would make it and then this? I know You work all things for good for us who love You and are called according to Your purpose. I know pain is a part of life; You know I know that better a lot of people. But I don't see with my human heart and eyes; I don't see how the suffering of a little baby is necessary.
Oh Lord, my heart is breaking for this family, I can't stop crying and I know they can't either. I know Jude was more loved in those 10 days than some children ever know. Help them God, heal the unimaginable hurt in their hearts that You Yourself know better than any of us.
Help us Lord, who love this family as fellow Believers, and are grieving this loss too. Help us trust Your plan for these lives and help us support them and help them through this deep valley.
I thank You God that You allow me to ask why, thank You that you patiently wait out my tirades of pain and hurt. I thank You that You draw me close and let me cry on Your chest while You whisper in my heart; "Hush my child; were you there when I laid the foundations of the earth, don't you know by now you can trust me?
Thank you Lord, I just needed a cry and a reminder. Thank Lord, in Jesus precious name I pray. Amen

1 comment:

  1. This prayer made me cry as I prayed along with it. Thank you for posting it.

    ReplyDelete

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually