Monday, May 12, 2008

So Far Untitled


I cried a tear
You wiped it dry
So so sweetly I forgot
'Twas you who made me cry

You said you loved me
I believed it was true
I didn't know then
It was actually abuse

You used me up
And threw me away
A discarded toy
That's had it's day

But I needed you
To be my friend
So when you came back
I let you in.

Yet soon it was clear
Your true intent
To satisfy your perversion
Was your intent

Months go by
Thinking I am fine
Then a smell or a face
Jets me back in time

Back to the chaos of
Fear, hate, and pain
Back to feeling the
Shame all over again

Will I ever be free
Of my childhood's hold?
Or be forever in the vise
Of events now so old?

God lifted me out
Of darkness and despair
And while others may revile me
I know He is always there.

I thank God, He resuced me
From depressions pit
May He continue to hold me
In His fierce grip

For without His hand
I so easily would slip
And fall even deeper
Into that old pit.

Yes I know my hope
Is in Christ alone
And to Him I will cling
Until He takes me Home.

And I'll wrestle with these demons
Till God does end thier reign
To return them to the fires of Hell
Where their suffering will never end.

1 comment:

  1. Wow; I'm glad you added more to the end about the hope you have in God. It makes the poem even better.

    ReplyDelete

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually