Thursday, May 8, 2008

Inch by inch

I got a call from someone today that wanted to know how I am doing. I realized I should probably update and answer that for all. I am doing better; each day I gain on it a little more. I can go for several hours during the day out of bed but for some reason I don't last as long in the evening before the dread "spinal headache" starts. Still that is much better than staying in bed more than out of it. I can't do much while out of the bed but read and watch TV or movies. I did manage to make a batch of no bake cookies this afternoon though. Just what I need to keep fat and hap--sass oh OK just fat. Right now I am not comfortable because I am just a bit warm. We refuse to turn on air conditioning this early; so with the air temp getting to over 80 today with 40+ percent humidity it is not very comfortable in the house. But I will survive; I just tell myself it will get much worse!Overall I feel OK My arms and shoulder are still not as bad as they were before the injections.; my back still hurts the most along with the knee I rammed into the corner of the coffee table this evening! Have I mentioned that I am one of the worlds top klutzes? I swear I can't go a week without injuring myself in some significant way. I keep a pair of crutches and walking cast in the basement; not just in case but for when I need them. You think I'm kidding; I wish I were! So I am feeling pretty decent considering all the crap I have wrong with me and all the tests I have been through lately. I am trying really hard not to get discouraged by the fact that I am pretty much housebound. It doesn't help that I know some people who have more physical problems than I do that still manage to hold down jobs and stuff. *SIGH* I will not cry, I will NOT cry.I read in a newspaper that a woman tried to commit suicide by jumping off a bridge and all the comments on the article were people complaining it wasn't covered on the local news. Not one was curious how the woman was doing . Interesting.OK that's enough for now. Sorry if it's not real great news but there it is. I am alive; mostly that's a good thing

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually