Thursday, May 8, 2008

On the Soapbox Again

I have been reading a blog of someone who has gained national media attention for her blog and she supports her family on the advertising from her siteI have been thinking about that and how it would never happen to me because I don't write about sensational enough stuff and have made the cardinal sin of media and claim to be a Born Again Christian!It hurts my heart to think how popular it has become to bash the truly devoted because of few very vocal and groups of people who use religion to gain something and claim the same faith I profess while climbing over people or robbing them blind at the same time.It sibut we can choose to see past our automatic assumptions and predjudices and learn from the mistakes we make. We do unto others alright; before they can do unto us, we say! We as a people, thrive on judging those who are not exactly like us, as though any of us is anything other than some dirt and water!Sorry for the lecture sermon; whatever you want to call it but it feels good to get that off my chest!TTFNckens my spirit that judgment has become the great world pass time and no one is better at it that those who profess Christianity. I don't expect any special treatment from anyone; I try not to give special treament to others ; I do my best to try to live by the standard I grew up with; do unto others as you would have them do to you. We all judge people
Posted by A Sinful Woman at 10:54 PM
Labels: , , ,

1 comments:
foundmercy said...
I heard this song this morning: http://www.christianrocklyrics.com/relientk/downinflames.phpIt's by Reliant K, called "Down in Flames." I think it's says pretty much what you were saying here.
April 25, 2008 11:53 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually