Thursday, May 15, 2008

Light at the end...

Finally; some answers!
I went to the neurologist on Wednesday( yesterday) morning and was told I have severe carpal tunnel syndrome in both arms and need surgery asap. This explains the symptoms the other tests did not and the MD feels it is the worst of my the cluster of neurological problems I am having. Therefore I will be having the right arm done on the 20th and the left arm done about a month later; the exact timing depends of my recovery from the first one. Once the arms are done we will address the issues with my neck.
Wednesday afternoon I went to see my family MD for a follow-up after my Glucose Tolerance Test. Good news is I am not diabetic; however, I am hypoglycemic which is also referred to as pre-diabetes and serious business. My MD put me on a Glycemic Index Diet. He gave me a book title to look for and I will plug this despite the fact that I am not getting paid because I think this may be the one diet I can get behind. It is The GI Diet by Rick Gallop.Check it out; I think it would be great for anyone to do and it is especially important for people with health issues such as obesity, heart disease, diabetes,cancer, etc. The tough thing is that groceries will end up costing more and on a fixed income this will be an adjustment. However, in the long run it will be well worth it; of this I have no doubt. So pray for me you all, I really need it; my weight loss goal is YIKES 174 (or more)pounds.


2 comments:

  1. I can't see your video =( Did you delete it from YouTube?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, don'tcha fall off the wagon, ya hear? I really do hope it works out for you; all the best~Jonathan

    ReplyDelete

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually