Tuesday, November 29, 2016

29 Days Of Gratitude Day 29

Today I am grateful for hymns. I love the richness of the old hymns; much of the time taken right from Scripture. Don't misunderstand I am not against modern praise and worship music at all. I love all music and believe it is a gift of God. But I hate to see us lose so much history; there has already been too much of that in the past. I don't appreciate our hymns being left out of worship services just because they are old. To some they may be old but to me they are timeless. Check this out Amazing Grace was written by John Newton in 1779, How Great Thou Art by Carl Gustav Boberg written in 1885, Holy, Holy, Holy by Reginald Heiber written in 1826, and Peace Like A Rive by Horacio Spafford, written in 1873. I could go on but I think I've got my point across. If you have never heard these hymns you can find them on YouTube and I suggest you do so.
Thank You God for the hymns that speak so well of Your faithfulness to us and give us such rich history.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually