Monday, November 28, 2016

30 Days Of Gratitude Day 27

I am grateful for prayer. There is nothing more amazing than the ability to commune with the Creator of everything by just talking to Him. No mumbo jumbo chanting required, no great ceremony to call Him up; He is just there, always there. The only requirement to have this communion with God is to believe He is real and accept His sacrifice through the blood of His Son Jesus. Now don't get me wrong; I'm not saying that not everyone can pray. Anyone can pray to God and He will hear you. But to have this conversation, this communion, with Him one must have accepted His Gift. I am ashamed to admit I have gone years without taking advantage of this wonderful blessing of communion with my God. I recently got back on track and though I may not spend as much time as I should with Him I do make sure and pray daily and read some of the Bible every day now. Over the last 3 weeks my son and I have prayed together every day except the days I was gone to Missouri( he stayed home) and it has been such a blessing; it has improved our relationship significantly. If you are reading this and want to know more about prayer please contact me; I would love to talk to you about it.
Thank You God for the blessing of prayer. May I never again stray from daily communion with You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually