Monday, November 28, 2016

30 Days Of Gratitude Day 26


I am really behind here! Whew; the last few days have just flown by. I kept meaning to sit down and write but just didn't get to it. I thought about it so much I thought I actually did it because I was surprised to see how far behind I got. Deep sigh
I am grateful for my Aunt Mary; she is actually my Great Aunt. She is 85 years old and is still aware and active. She has slowed down some due to high blood pressure damaging her heart; an inherited problem that has fell many of her family early in life. She used to be a nurse practitioner and worked for many many years in a clinic in Denver, Colorado. She also did a lot of crafts, she did ceramics and made candles and crocheted and even learned to do oil painting. She was always doing something and she is also a dog lover. I really liked to visit her because she always had at least 2 dogs and always had something for me to do. I am very proud of her for her years of service as a nurse. She was a big help to me when I lived in Denver and was going to Medical Assistant school. She even let me borrow money and loaned me furniture when my roommate decided to get married and moved out on me halfway through school and left me with the full rent and no way to pay for our rented furniture.
Aunt Mary has been a part of my life ever since my dad remarried when I was 15. Even though we are not really family; my dad divorced the woman when I was about 23, she has never treated me as anything but family. I know we won't have her around for too many more years and I am happy that I was able to see her on my trip to Missouri as she has moved there just recently.
Thank You God for Aunt Mary; I am so glad she is doing well. Please bless her and keep her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually