Friday, November 4, 2016

30 Days Of Gratitude Day 4


I am grateful for my 5 month old grandson, Joseph.  I never understood how it felt to have a grand child; though many have tried to tell me over the years.  I never got it and understand now why I didn't because it defies explanation.  I can't say I love him more than own children but it's a different kind of love.  Almost like the love I have for my children exploded and became this little person. Agghh!  There I go trying to explain it!
I am grateful for him though; for every aching muscle and bone from watching him 2 1/2 days a week.  Im grateful for every smile, for every laugh, for every scream and every tear.  I am grateful for every mile I have walked with him screaming in my ear and every head butt and pinch and every hair he's pulled out of my head.
I am so blessed to have been able to move close enough to spend so much time with him and treasure every moment.
Thank you God for my dear sweet grandson and for letting me live close to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually