Tuesday, November 22, 2016

30 Days Of Gratitude Day 22


I am grateful today for many things; it's going to be hard to pick just one.
I think, since I did mercy yesterday today I will do grace. The definition of grace is approval or privilege. The Biblical definition is a: unmerited divine assistance given humans for their regeneration or sanctification b : a virtue coming from God .c : a state of sanctification enjoyed through divine grace. A favorite acronym of God's Riches At Christ's Expense.
Now I have also experienced grace in my life. My children are grace to me; I have the amazing privilege to be their mom. I pray I never forget that. I have also felt approval as a mom. Not only do my children help me feel approval but others do when they mention something positive about my children that I know I had influence on, such as manners. I felt approval from my brother Joe when we reconciled a little while before his death. When I visited him and he enfolded me in his arms; I felt grace.
Yet those graces, while wonderful don't compare the the grace of God. My heart was black and cold with bitterness, anger and pain. I abhorred anything to do with God, Jesus, or the Bible. I refused to believe God was real. I wanted nothing to do with anyone who espoused belief in God and would argue with anyone who tried to tell me what the Bible said. I had read the Bible many times as a teenager; it was all I was allowed to read. I thought I understood perfectly what it said. Yet is was this same bitterness, anger and pain that eventually left me so alone and empty that I couldn't stand it anymore. I cried out to God to show me if He was real. I will post more about what happened at a later date, but He did show me and He gave me His Grace. Instead of giving me the punishment I deserved for not recognising Him and serving Him; for hating Him instead of adoring Him all those years, he gave me forgiveness and washed my black heart white as snow. And He does it anew every day; every hour every minute. WOW!
Thank You God for Your grace; I can never say thank You enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually