Thursday, November 17, 2016

30 Days Of Gratitude Day 17



The last couple of posts I have written involve first responders, people who put their lives on the line to serve us often not only without gratitude but with disdain.  Today I end my first responders posts with Emergency Services/ paramedics; some may still call them ambulance drivers.
I am grateful for paramedics, who train hard and get thrown into the job that all the training in the world cannot fully prepare them for.  They not only have the everyday things one expects they would but many other situations one might not think of .  They must deal with mental health emergencies that can be anywhere from a calming talk to dodging weapons while trying to restrain someone. They have stresses on the job that are nothing compared to an office job; their stresses involve having the lives of people in their hands.  If an office employee messes up they may get reprimanded or even fired.  But if an EMT messes up it could affect someone else's life; either permanent injury or death. And these days and times we live in even EMTs are in danger of being targeted and attacked. They must deal with horrible traffic in the cities and then get yelled at for not being there sooner when they get to their calls. Yet they show up and do their jobs with compassion and efficiency.
Thank you God for EMS workers; please bless them and protect them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually