Thursday, November 10, 2016

30 Days Of Gratitude Day 8




I am thankful for the privilege of having been born in the United States.  Yes, or freedom's have caused some problems but I wouldn't trade all of them for the not having freedom.  We have the amazing freedom to debate, complain and disagree with our country's leadership without fear of reprisal from the government.  We are free to practice whatever religion we choose without interference of punishment from the government.  Though we as Christians may feel persecuted by those who choose other religions; we are still free to worship our God.  This will not only be the case and we need to stop our fear mongering, finger pointing and judgement of those who don't know our God and instead start serving and loving those who don't know our God.  The principals and commands we are to live by are given for us; not those who don't believe and we need to stop acting as if that is so.  If we really want this county to "turn back to God" as many Facebook posts suggests, we mush first and foremost check our own relationship with God.  Are we being obedient to His commands?  Are we truly loving one another?https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians+4%3A+1-6&version=NIV
Thank you God for the privilege of having been for in the U.S.  Help me to share serve and love those who don't know You and love my brother's and sisters in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually