Friday, November 18, 2016

30 Days OF Gratitude Day 18


I am grateful for my car; a generous gift from one who wants to remain anonymous.  Prior to February this year I had not had a car for at least 5 years.  I lived in the same town as my mom so she would give me and my son  rides to get groceries and go to church and loan me her car for doctor appointments et al  When we moved to Georgia we thought we could just kind of do the same with my daughter's car.   I would take her work when I needed to use the car.  This worked well as we stayed with her and her husband and we thought it wouldn't change much when we got our own place because we planned to get a place nearby. Yet when we started looking we found our that there was nothing nearby that we could afford; not even close really.  So we had to start to look more far afield and the best we could do was about an hour away.
Alas what to do; how could we share a car at such distance and to top it off, the place we found had nothing within walking distance.
But as He always does; God provided in the form of a car we can use as though it is ours but not have to worry with the payments or insurance.  What a blessing it has turned out to be in so many ways.
We didn't know when we got the car that by the time Joseph would be born and I needed to commute 3 times a week to care for him that a massive road construction project was just getting underway that would add 15-30  minutes to the commute.
God I thank You for the blessing of a car that makes our lives so much easier.  You knew what we needed before we did; as You always do.  Please bless those whom You used to accomplish this 10 fold for their generosity

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually