Wednesday, November 16, 2016

30 Days Of Gratitude Day 15



I am grateful for firefighters.  These men and women are amazingly courageous.  They put their lives on the line every day they show up for work.  They have been on my mind  and in my prayers a lot lately with all the wildfires around the country.  I am ashamed to admit I didn't think of them or pray for them much until I began to see the smoke from wildfires burning in the North Georgia mountains. These fires are so bad that we have had heavy smoke down in the metro and surrounding area for over a week now.  Georgia, like so much of the country is in a drought and to top it off there have been high winds several days as well.  I can't imagine what it is like for the firefighters up there.
Thank you God for the men and women who are putting there lives on the line for our safety and preservation of our forests and homes.  Please protect them and give peace and comfort to their families waiting at home for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually