Wednesday, November 16, 2016

30 Days Of Gratitude Day 16

]

I am grateful for police officers; another group of people who put their lives on the line just showing up for work.  There have been a lot of bad things said about police officers over the last few years and I think it's awful and tremendously sad that because of a few bad examples the whole lot of them have been cast in such a negative and hateful light.  Most police officers are good, honest people who only want to serve and protect us.  We must not give in to the negativity surrounding us regarding them.
It makes so sad that our police officers are under such attack right now. I know some of it is terrorism but there is also just a hatred running so deep in people for the police; it is scary either way.
I also think a lot of the negative feeling we have about police officers are misplaced.  They are only as good as their training and the policies and procedures they are mandated.  Until these things are changed as well as budgets reworked to allow training and  hiring of more officers I believe things will only get worse for our police officers,  But these are not the fault of the officers out there dedicated to our safety; so please be kind to them.
Thank you God for every police officer that has signed on in order to protect and serve us.  Please help those who are not in it for these reasons be identified and weeded out, Please heal the hatred that looms large in our nation right now and causes such danger for these brave men and women; please keep them safe and comfort their families and give them peace of mind.  Also God, please give comfort to the families of those officers who have lost their lives in the line of duty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually