Thursday, November 3, 2016

30 Days Of Gratiftude


Sigh; I am already behind.  I will do three days today and hopefully get the rest of the month done on time.

Day One
I am thankful for my son.  He will be 33 this month and we've had a rocky road.  I've had a lot of people ask me over the years if I ever wished he had been "normal".  The answer has always been; and always will be, no. I have seen a lot of "normal"boys and this is what I saw.  They wore their pants out before they outgrew them, they got extremely dirty all the time.  They climbed trees and got on top of buildings and threw rocks and more.  My son never wore out anything but shoes and that wasn't until he was in his teens.   They shunned hugs from their moms and dads. My son never got dirty; or scared me with death defying defeats of gravity. My son loved giving hugs and never shied from telling me he loves me.  Thank you God; for my son.  We have our squabbles and strains but I wouldn't trade him for 10 "normal" boys.


No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually