Monday, November 28, 2016

30 Days Of Gratitude Day 28

I am grateful for television and movies. I know there is a lot of junk out there but that's true of everything in life really. One has to take the bad with the good and, hopefully, use wisdom to know the difference and not let the bad overtake the good. I have learned so much watching television and movies and used them to teach my children a lot as well. I used the bad to teach them what not to do; but mostly I used it to teach them about how to, and not to relate to other people and that every story has something we can learn from it. My daughter jokes that I ruined movies for her because she always has to think, "what is the lesson here". We can rail and rant and rave about how awful entertainment has gotten or we can choose to use our remotes to change the channel or turn it off and we can use our brains to help us use what we do watch to improve our lives and the lives our children and grandchildren and other children whose lives we influence.
Thank you God for television and movies; for the countless hours of entertainment they have given me as well being tools I can use to learn and teach others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually