Sunday, November 20, 2016

30 Days Of Gratitude Day 20



I guess in retrospect I should have saved my post about being thankful for my son for today because today is his birthday. You might want to check out his blog here.
I told the pastor and he called him out in front of the whole church.My daughter would not have been happy had I done that to her but Jonathan just rolled with it; he's cool like that.
I digress though.  I am grateful for him but since I already wrote about him I guess I can't use him as my post.
I am thankful for HOPE; something I don't always feel and  actually spent most of my life without.  I lose my way a lot and forget that I have hope; but I do.  I have hope because I know Jesus and He is Hope. I know what it is to be hopeless, not just to feel hopeless ( I put myself there sometimes too) but I'm talking about without hope. To have nothing to look forward to but pain and nothing to live for. I have stood in front of a mirror with a knife at my heart begging for the courage to end my life. Sat with a packet of razor blades in my hands trying through the tears to see how to open the locked plastic package,  I have found myself wishing I owned a gun so I could stick in mouth and pull the trigger, I am guilty of making a plan for when I finally work of the courage. Oh yes I know what it is to have no hope .  Yes I know hopelessness all too well.  But praise be to God Almighty I finally found Hope in Him.  Does that mean every day from then on has been rosey?  If you've read any of my blog before, or spent much time with me; you know the answer is no.  It's not all hearts and sunshine; God does not promise us an easy life but most of my troubles I bring on myself by forgetting I have Hope.  I take my eyes off of Him and put them on my situation, on my hurts, on my disappointments and forget.  I look at what the everyone around me thinks I should have instead of living in the truth that if I have Him I don't need anything else.
Thank You God that you are Hope; You give me Hope,  Help me remember I have hope and that You are all I need

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually