Wednesday, November 9, 2016

30 Days Of Gratitude Day 6


Behind again; sigh.  I really don't know how that happened. Onward and upward

I am grateful for my ( unofficially) adopted mom.  She came into my life when I was 15 and saved my life.  I truly believe that if she had not been a part of my life I would not have lived to be an adult. What did she do?  She loved me, unconditionally, completely and sacrificially; she loved me.  She shined a light into my extremely dark life and though she thinks she didn't do enough to help me; that light, little as it was gave me enough hope to make it through the darkness.  It took many many more years for me to emerge from the pit but I made it. I am closer to her than any of my "blood" family and I miss her terribly since I moved to another state from her.
Thank you God for Della, for the light she shined in my life that kept me from giving up on life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually