Sunday, November 20, 2016

30 Days Of Gratitude Day 19



I am ashamed to admit that yesterday I wasn't feeling particularly grateful.  I was tired from not sleeping a couple of nights ago and going through withdrawal from nicotine again because I was stupid enough to start that habit again because I was eating too much. Sigh and smack in the head.  I let the clock run out on the day without posting anything because I didn't think I could find anything to be grateful for.  " I just can't do it today" I said to myself " I just don't have it in me to search for something to be grateful for, I'm drawing a blank today"  Wow get me huh?  Yes I was tired  and yes I got some bad news yesterday that someone I know in Missouri was in the hospital but NO NO NO there is still no reason to ever think there is nothing to be grateful for.  My daughter has a sign on her refrigerator that says "There is always, always always something to be thankful for"; so yes I am ashamed of myself.
Shortly after I turned off my computer for the night I realized that it wasn't so much that I could't find something to be thankful for as much as I was worried that I couldn't be eloquent enough in my writing.  I was thinking I would have to come up with some long winded examination of my gratitude subject.  I told myself then I would not worry about that anymore and just post. As I was going to sleep last night I thought to myself I am thankful for my bed.  And I am; so grateful for it.
Thank you God for my bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog Is

Like any refugee, I long for a new home to call my own, but my "homeland" of depression has a strong hold and sometimes I find myself teetering on the, nay slipping down, the edge of that awful pit God has brought me out of.

This blog is a way for me to work on the discipline of writing, and to voice my thoughts on my life and experiences on my journey to better health; mentally, physically and spiritually